Wednesday, May 25, 2005

Preaching in the Psalms and more ...

Cross
Cross,
originally uploaded by bgwright.
Over the summer, my co-laborer David and I will be preaching through some of the Psalms. He preached from Psalm 1 and 2 over the past two weeks and I will be preaching over Psalm 103 this week.

The Psalms are incredibly difficult to preach through in that they have so many nuances and idioms that my western ear is just not able to sense. At the same time, I love being able to spend time preparing sermons from the Psalms. It is so hard to find the words to use when I am praying sometimes, to speak to Him in a way that is both accurate and able to express my deepest emotions as well as His great character. As I preach through Psalm 103 this week, I find it hard to put it any better than David does when he says, "Bless the Lord, o my soul, and all that is within me, bless His holy name." So as difficult as the Psalms can be, I am enjoying be able to work through them at Grace during this time.

This is a trying time for my family as we head to the hospital with William but God has so encouraged us through our church family at Grace as well as through our loving and faithful earthly family. It is so amazing to me that God has given Jamie and I parents, brothers, sisters, nephews, niece's, cousins, aunts, and uncles who confess Christ as Lord and Savior. Thanks to all of you for your love and support.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home