Monday, May 02, 2005

24: Oh yeah, it is that good ...

24:  Oh yeah, it is that good ...

About 2 years ago, Jamie and I were regularly attending a Bible study that John Hall (Pastor of Trinity in Charlottesville at the time) was leading. John and Kathy both were very much an encouragement to Jamie, the kids, and me during our time in service with them. One such mark the Hall's made on us was the transference of an addiction to the greatest TV show to hit, 24! Whoa dude ... way cool show. Every time we had a study, we promptly ended 5 minutes before 24 would start. John and Kathy would make up the popcorn and even offer you some, but only until 24 began and the conversation would end. Now, Jamie and I never miss an episode and in fact we have watched all three seasons in the last 12 months. We then jumped onto the fourth season. Thanks to TiVo, we do not have to watch commercials and we can watch it whenever we want but rest assured, 9.99 times out of 10 we are watching it within 20 minutes of it's broadcast. If you have not given 24 a shot, it is time to come out of your cave and dare to embrace the greatness that is 24!

6 Comments:

At 3:43 PM, Blogger shookfoil said...

I'm sure 24 is quite good from what I've heard. But I'm highly skeptical that it can compete with the two best shows on t.v., written by the best television writer out there, J.J. Abrams: Lost, and Alias.
I'm sold out to those two.
My 2 cents--

 
At 3:11 PM, Blogger Unknown said...

J:

Let me assure that 24 stomps Alias. Jamie and I have been following Alias from day one and although we are big fans, up until the last couple of episodes we were very disappointed. We will of course watch for the rest of the season but we are sure about the next one.

As far as Lost goes ... yeah, you may be on to something but I will not know until they put Season 1 out on DVD. Jamie and I plan on watching that when it does.

 
At 3:30 PM, Blogger shookfoil said...

Well, I almost qualified my first post with the concession that Alias has been way off this season, until the last two episodes as you said. I found out that J.J. Abrams passed off the writing to two other guys so he could focus on writing Lost and directing MI3. That's why it hasn't been as good in my opinion. Abrams always employs a lot of Christian symbolism & themes in his work; that has ll but disappeared. But, believe me, you MUST watch Lost. And pay attention to the details. Nothing is without significance.
Peace

 
At 3:30 PM, Blogger shookfoil said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

 
At 1:55 PM, Blogger Unknown said...

Oh yes ... that explains why I drink 60% of the time and blog 40%. I have found the perfect combo :)

Hello jeremy ... you scholar you.

 
At 5:35 PM, Blogger Unknown said...

I like Criminal Intent and SVU, although I am often disturbed after watching them at just what dark things the human heart is capable of.

I tried NYPD Blue and couldn't get into it but I am a Blind Justice fan. I think the acting is mediocre but the story line is good.

Anyone into Desperate Houswives? I think I will post about them later but let me just say, someone on that writing crew there is very much in touch with the human heart and it's longings. Quite a commentary on suburbia.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home